20 years old, worried about my heart
Basically, ever since Freshman year of college I've been having chest pain and little bouts of "anxiety." However, last year the pain started to become more frequent, including a fast heart beats at time, which led me to several unsuccessful trips to the E.R.. I say unsuccessful because no matter how many times I've gone to the hospital or doctor they haven't been able to tell me anything. They give me an EKG, a chest x-ray, and then send me on my way. I've also been experiencing head fuzziness/headaches and strange pains in my shoulder, left hand, left thigh,and even in my fingernails and toenails. The most disconcerting part is the pain in my nails. I've had my cholesterol levels and everything checked and there doesn't seem to be any sort of concern with my numbers. I'm wondering if anyone has had these types of symptoms before or have any idea on what they might be. I also had a reoccurring fight with bronchitis for a few months.  All help is appreciated. Thanks. (Also, my pulse can be anywhere from the high 60's to high 80's).
Hi. I really don't know if I have any right to be saying any of this because I myself am still searching for answers about my own chest pain, and all I can really say is what I have read online and heard from the cardiologists I have seen. First of all, your heart beat seems to be at a perfectly healthy rate. Don't take me word for it, but I believe that 60 BPM to 80 BPM is right where it should be. Secondly, if all of the tests have been coming back normal, it might be time to consider other possibilities than your heart. I mean I can't diagnose you. For all I know, I might be completely wrong because I am not a medical professional. I just know what I have heard and that is what I told you.