Congestive Heart Failure Community
Adult PDA
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Adult PDA

I'm 30 year old female and was just told I have a PDA.  They want to watch it for now. But a Nerologist told me I was having cardiac magraines.  Could they be coming from the PDA.
Related Discussions
Hi,

Patent ductus arteriosus is a condition usually diagnosed and treated in childhood but in some instances is not detected until adult life.  To confirm the presence of this condition, echocardiography and Doppler studies may be done. A second opinion may also be obtained to make sure this is not due to other causes. A small PDA most often shows a normal sized heart and normal blood flow to the lungs. A large PDA generally shows an enlarged cardiac silhouette and increased blood flow to the lungs.

Are there associated signs or symptoms present? This will determine if  treatment is needed as soon as possible. Although surgical closure remains the accepted treatment in most cases, stent-grafting has emerged as a possible alternative treatment for persistent ductus arteriosus in the adult.

Take care and keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
Blank
orsi92 emily92 Comment