Congestive Heart Failure Community
Blood clots and INR levels
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Blood clots and INR levels

Should a patient with a blood clot in the left atrium and an INR of 2.2 be hospitalized or allowed to be discharged to home with follow up in 21 days? Pt also had A-fid, A-flutter and paroxymal.
Blank
I'm not a doctor, but I know my cardiologist wouldn't allow me to leave the hospital under those conditions.  At least not until he had performed a heart cath to determine what the problem is.

I do know of several people who had the super virus, which left them with irregular heartbeat, and they seem to get along fine without being in the hospital.  I, personally, had the virus, and was left with a weak, enlarged heart, and irregular heartbeat, along with other symptoms.  So far nothing has been done for my situation, and it's been about 3 years.  Of course I'm at the age where the "new" rules apply.....where my age is taken into consideration, and the number of years I "might" be a productive member of society are all plugged into a formula, and if the number is too low, then I'm not worth saving, and they just try to make me comfortable.  People don't want to believe that it actually goes on, yet here I am, living proof.

Where I live, there is a young man, 20, who had the super virus.  His heart, liver and kidneys are all failing.  He is on the transplant list for a heart, which they are hoping will help his liver and kidneys to work again.  I don't begrudge this man every opportunity for more life.  However, I'm 56, my liver is fine, but I won't get a heart because my kidneys are failing, and I won't get a kidney because my heart is failing.  Now, where's the fairness???
Related Discussions
I'm not a doctor, but I know my cardiologist wouldn't allow me to leave the hospital under those conditions.  At least not until he had performed a heart cath to determine what the problem is.

I do know of several people who had the super virus, which left them with irregular heartbeat, and they seem to get along fine without being in the hospital.  I, personally, had the virus, and was left with a weak, enlarged heart, and irregular heartbeat, along with other symptoms.  So far nothing has been done for my situation, and it's been about 3 years.  Of course I'm at the age where the "new" rules apply.....where my age is taken into consideration, and the number of years I "might" be a productive member of society are all plugged into a formula, and if the number is too low, then I'm not worth saving, and they just try to make me comfortable.  People don't want to believe that it actually goes on, yet here I am, living proof.

Where I live, there is a young man, 20, who had the super virus.  His heart, liver and kidneys are all failing.  He is on the transplant list for a heart, which they are hoping will help his liver and kidneys to work again.  I don't begrudge this man every opportunity for more life.  However, I'm 56, my liver is fine, but I won't get a heart because my kidneys are failing, and I won't get a kidney because my heart is failing.  Now, where's the fairness???
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
168348_tn?1379360675
Blank
ChitChatNine commented on ChitChatNine's status