Congestive Heart Failure Community
Breathing problems
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Breathing problems

My grandma is 81 yrs old and recently had a pacemaker put in. However she still develops breathing problems. Why is this so? The doctors dont seem to know what the problem is as she has been admitted in hospital for the 4th time. She gets really weak when she has problems breathing. She used to be quite strong for an 81 yr old but all this happened all of a sudden.

Any advice at all?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
592969_tn?1248329005
Most likely she has heart failure or COPD which creates breathing problems.  Ask her doctors what her diagnosis is or order her medical records.  
Blank
Hi,
Your grandmother might be suffering from either a heart problem like congestive heart failure or possibly a lung disease. Since it’s a sudden problem and not a gradual one, it’s more likely a heart problem as the lung problems usually develop gradually. I’ll suggest an echocardiography to find out the status of the functioning of her heart which should definitely help. An echo is able to find out not only the functioning (ejection fraction) of the heart but also how the valves, walls of the heart are functioning.
I sincerely hope that helps. Please do keep me posted. Kind regards.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
168348_tn?1379360675
Blank
ChitChatNine is happy! Comment
Jul 22
9310208_tn?1403204479
Blank
deannagrimsley is finally 9 weeks :) Comment
Jul 14
Blank
rgbird55 commented on Low potassium and no ...
Jul 10
Congestive Heart Failure Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
3 Reasons Why You are Still Binge E...
Jul 14 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
242532_tn?1269553979