Congestive Heart Failure Community
CHF and PVCs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

CHF and PVCs

I am new to this site. I am a 39 y.o. mom of two. In January, I got sick with Pneumonia and it went into my heart. Since then, I have a 30% Ejection Fraction, and I have pvc's as many as 20-30 per day! I am also tired all of the time and even when I get sleep I still don't feel rested. I joined this group because I want to feel better. I am currently on Coreg, Lisinopril, Spironolactone and Lasix and I really do not see much relief! I also was recently diagnosed with sleep apnea and restless leg syndrome, and getting a Cpap machine for this.  I am exercising regularly and making an effort to eat better. I have also cut out almost all caffeine. Still getting pvc's but i don't notice them as much!! i am interested in hearing what others have to say about what has worked or not worked for increasing the ejection fraction and reducing pvcs
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi,  ejection fraction below 35% is categorized as cardiac failure. Treatment for low ejection fraction is focused on reducing symptoms and preventing the progress of the disease involved from worsening. So, the basic cause for the low ejection fraction needs to be treated for it to improve. Ejection fraction can be improved by lifestyle changes, medications and procedures, such as the insertion of an implantable defibrillator (ICD) if indicated.

Only frequent PVCs associated with underlying heart disease and periods of ventricular tachycardia need therapy. Occasional PVCs require no treatment. Please discuss this with your consulting doctor.

CPAP should help with sleep apnea and you should sleep better with the machine. Ensure to use the CPAP regularly and try to raise the head end of the bed slightly. Also,  follow good sleep hygiene measures like going to bed at the same time, waking up at the same time, avoidance of alcohol, smoking and caffeinated beverages. Maintain warm, comfortable bedroom environment and engage in relaxing activities like a warm bath before bedtime. Hope This Helped and Do Keep Us Posted!!
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition