Congestive Heart Failure Community
CHF in a Nursing home

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

CHF in a Nursing home

My heart is only working at 30 % and I have 3 bad valves. my Blood pressure is high and my pulse gets as low as 42. I am in a nursing home and I am seen by a Nurse Practitioner that is over seem by a Doctor. She is concerned about my BP and Pulse. They have not schedule ... [More] d me to see my Cardiologist in a year and a half. The Nurse Practitioner schedule and appt. with my Cardiologist and the Doctor cancelled it and said to take me off my Beta Blocker for the weekend and see if my pulse comes up and when he comes in on Monday he will put a monitor on me to look at my heart. I want to know if the treatment is the right thing to do or should I be seeing my Cardiologist? [Less]
Interests:  
Usually, you need to be weaned off of a beta blocker as it can be dangerous to just stop taking it.  I would question it.  Usually, the beta blocker is reduced by half and then after a week another half, ect.  How high is your blood pressure?  If you stop the beta blocker, your blood pressure could most likely go up.  Your Cardiologist should be involved in your care.    
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Cindy, and ChitChatNine commented on Cindy's status
May 20
Cindy sends heartfelt thanks to a... Comment
May 18
Cindy commented on Cindy's status
May 18