Congestive Heart Failure Community
CHF

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

CHF

My father has been diagnosed with CHF.  He is between 15-20% heart capacity right now.  He was recently hospitalized for fluid build up.  He is home but the fluid is already starting to build up again. He is mixing up words now.  And is on a lot of medication.  He is also diagnosed with COPD, and diabetes.  I know the prognosis is not good, but wondering what i am looking at here.  Most of the pills that he is on affect his other organs.  What is the prognosis?
I am afraid that his situation is complex due to the other diseases. So I do not think that anyone over the net can give you an answer in your case.

What does he dr. say?

Be aware that mixing up words can be a symptom of a transient ischemic attack in the brain (a complication of HF) or confusion produced by a renal failure (another possible complication).

Jesus
Dr says all we can do is monitor at this point, and there is nothing more they are able to do.  Medication wise he is on the max doses of everything.  Right now I am just trying to be more informed, and be able to make informed decisions.
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
markbenz commented on 010216
Cindy is... Comment
Jun 29
ChitChatNine is having fun! Comment
Jun 29