Congestive Heart Failure and Exercise
I'm 76 years old was diagnosed with CHF in February of 2009.  I am being treated by a good cardiologist.  My ejection rate is 34% and I hope increasing all the time.  It was 20% in February at my initial diagnosis.  I'm taking carvedilol, lisinopril, digoxin, medication for my cholesterol and diabetes 2 and also aspirin and cod liver oil .  I would like to continue with my exercise program and don't know if it's allowed.  It's not hard, just walking.  
You can and actually should continue walking as it definitely helps in improving the EF and also for improving the general wellbeing. Exercise facilitates the return of blood to the heart.I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.
Hi, I had a defibrillator inserted in August of 2010 and I was hoping I'd be less tired than I am.  Why am I so tired?  When can I expect to be less tired or will I ever?