Congestive Heart Failure Expert Forum
Coreg

CHF is a condition in which the heart can’t pump enough blood to meet the body’s needs. In some cases, the heart can’t fill with enough blood. In other cases, the heart can’t pump blood to the rest of the body with enough force. Some people have both problems. The term "heart failure" doesn’t mean that your heart has stopped or is about to stop working. Heart failure is a serious condition that requires medical care. This forum is a place to ask questions about CHF. Some examples are: How is CHF diagnosed? What treatment options are available for me?

If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!

Coreg

Other than lowering your pulse and blood pressure, if you took Coreg but did not need it, could it cause other damage? What symptoms would you have? I am on Coreg as a trial to see if it fixes my chronic shortness of breath. I just wondered if it was safe to do so or if it could cause permanent damage if in fact I did not need it.
Hello and welcome to the forum.

No permanent damage from coreg.  Exactly as you mentioned, it can lower heart rate and blood pressure but it is otherwise a very safe drug.  If you have severe asthma, you might need to be careful because it could aggravate wheezing but again, this would entirely resolve upon stopping the medication.

Good luck.

Dr. Rich
hi doctor from apprx. one month i feel pain at my left side chest . but when i eat something its gone for few minutes . i also had  history of hookworm and gout . please tell me whats wrong