Congestive Heart Failure Expert Forum
Could I have CHF? read this one accidentally posted when not finished y...

CHF is a condition in which the heart can’t pump enough blood to meet the body’s needs. In some cases, the heart can’t fill with enough blood. In other cases, the heart can’t pump blood to the rest of the body with enough force. Some people have both problems. The term "heart failure" doesn’t mean that your heart has stopped or is about to stop working. Heart failure is a serious condition that requires medical care. This forum is a place to ask questions about CHF. Some examples are: How is CHF diagnosed? What treatment options are available for me?

If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!

Could I have CHF? read this one accidentally posted when not finished yet

My heart rate has been consistently high at my dr appts for the last year. Generally it is around 120-130 bpm. About 3 weeks ago it was 139 bpm. My dr mentioned that it could be CHF and said if my heart rate continues to be high he would send me for testing. My blood pressure has mostly been normal. This is a new dr I just started seeing in Dec and right now he has me taking Propanalolol for migraines and the high heart rate. I do sometimes get a squeezing sensation like someone is squeezing my heart and releasing it over and over. I also feel like my heart is gonna beat out of my chest because it pounds so hard. There is a family history of CHF in my family. My paternal grandma and my dad both died from it. One paternal uncle has it also.

As a history for you I am 39, weigh 129 lbs, have Von Willebrands disease, acid reflux disease, have had my gallbladder removed, have hypothyroidism, and chronic migraines (I get a migraine at least once a week, often lasting more than one day). I am also currently being treated for chronic knee pain that I have had over 10yrs. I have had 5 knee surgeries and now have arthritis in both knees. I will be getting rooster comb injections soon. I currently take the following meds:

Gabapentin 1200mg per day
Elavil 20mg per day
Hydrocodone 80mg per day plus 2600 mg tylenol
Microgestin
Protonix 40mg per day
Propanalolol 80mg per day
LEVOTHROID 25 MCG
Effexor XR 150mg per day
Maxalt 5mg as needed for migraines
Promethazine 25mg as needed for migraines

Thank you in advance for your help!