DCM treatment after meds fail?
I was diagnosed 9 years ago with DCM. My EF at that time was <30. I was hospitalized for a severe kidney stone which led to ecoli poisoning after becoming lodged for some time. I had a 3 year old at the time and a newborn at home so all of this was very frightening. Within 2 days of being released from the hospital I was in with a top notch cardio dr who assured me we could not fix this but slow down the progression. I was then put on several meds which I was told I would have to take every day from now on. Since that time some have changed due to simply no longer working. Currently I am taking HCTZ , potassium, aspirin, amlodipine, diltiazem, carvedilol, iron and magnesium. I have been on this regime for some time now. In January of this year I was diagnosed with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and had to have surgery to remove precancerous polyps. Before undergoing this my HF dr had to clear me and did another electrocardiograph. I was pleased to hear my EF had come up to 48-50. Since the surgery I have felt worse than I did before... Extreme shortness of breathe and an unexplainable fatigue, fluid retention, bluish circles under my eyes, vision trouble, severe headaches and neck pain. I thought with a higher EF I would feel better. According to my HF dr I have just about exhausted all possible meds. My questions are: 1) what should the next step be? 2) should a higher EF make you feel better or is it possible the EF has gone backwards? I have talked with a friend of mine who is a nurse about an LVAD but don't think I'm quite to that point. What is the prognosis/life expectancy with DCM? I was diagnosed at 25 and I am currently 34.  Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
My advise is to ask for a second opinion.

Also I know that today people with DCM can live many years (20+).

Jesus