Congestive Heart Failure Community
Diastolic dysfunction

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

Diastolic dysfunction

I was told that my echocardigram showed I had , grade 1, diastolic dysfunction of the left ventrical with injection fraction 65%, I also was told my chest xray showed  scarring and narrowing of the bottom of the lung, do I need surgery or will meds take care of this
Diastolic dysfunction is graded 1 through 4 with 1 being minor. It means that your heart is a little stiff and as a result does not relax enough during the filling or diastolic phase of your heart beat, it is a fairly common finding and is usually due to high blood pressure. There is no surgery for this, you need to treat the underlying cause like get your BP under control. You need to ask your doctor about a course of treatment for this. It could be as simple as getting some exercise or going on blood pressure meds, but talk it over with them.

The lung scarring is most likely due to a past infection and again does not require any surgery.

Let us know what your doctor says.

Jon
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Feeling very tired
Feb 01 by diianna
diianna commented on rumpled's status
Feb 01
012516
Jan 26 by crb1487