Did Elizabeth Taylor have a history of Heart Disease before she passed away from Congestive Heart Failure?
I was wondering if anybody knows what causes Congestive Heart Failure?  Did Elizabeth Taylor have a history of Heart Disease?  Was it a secondary complication to other illness?  The news isn't really saying what she was sick with the past few weeks. Maybe I missed it.  

What can we do to prevent Congestive Heart Failure? Are there warning signs?  

Also, does Congestive Heart Failure happen more in women or men?

Any info is much appreciated.  

Thanks,
C~
I can't speak for the masses, but my CHF was caused by a super virus that my husband caught while in the ER of the local hospital, then gave to me.  The same viurs caused my kidneys to shut down, and cause me to spend the rest of my life doing dialysis 6 days a week, just to stay alive.

I was one of the fortunate ones, as several people died from the virus because it caused heart, kidney, and liver failure.  If I had not been in top shape prior to contracting the virus, I would have died also.

So, with that in mind, I believe to be in the best shape, physically, that you can, is the best way to escape the horrible things lurking out there, just waiting to take your life.

No smoking, no alcohol, no extra body weight, and easy on the junk food.  Excercise every single day of your life, such as hiking, walking, or whatever else it takes to get your body up and moving, and keep your muscles toned.

Some is inherited, but some can be controlled, and it's up to the individual to figure out where they stand on the subject.

I hope this helps.....