Congestive Heart Failure Community
Did i have a heart attack

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

Did i have a heart attack

Doc, 34 m,  hypertensive heart dx, controlled by atenolol, amlodipine, amilo hydraxide, captopril and aspirin. Have been stable, but 24th dec. moderate drinking with friends, 25th bp rose to about 140/85, usually my bp is abt 130/80. That morning had moderate abdominal pain not relieved by antacids, bloating, later in d afternoon my usual mild left sided chest pain started, took buscopan which relieved d abd pain, 8pm, had intense sex with my wife and slept afterwards, was woke up by 10pm with serious diff breathing, loss of respiratory drive, no chest pain, i tried not to panick, my bp was up to 154/95 pulse 75 took my usual100mg of atenolol, and put isordil (slow nitrate] under my togue, i had taken the other bp drugs earlier on. I also took 2.5mg of diazepam and piriton to help me sleep. Woke up next morning by 6am. No chest pain, mild chest tightness, bp is 147/95 pulse 59. So what went wrong, shud i avoid hard sex or was it d buscopan or a mild mi, also was it ok to try and remain calm. Shud i seen a doc
Avatar_dr_m_tn
I don’t think the problem was due to the sexual intercourse, otherwise the symptoms would have become worse there & then only after the sex and not after waking up. The buscopan also wouldn’t have caused the symptoms. I don’t think you need to worry much if everything is fine after waking up the next morning. However, in case the symptoms recur, you must see a doctor. The symptoms could have been due to anxiety which probably got relieved after later on with piriton/diazepam. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care
Thanx, everything has been ok except this mild upper abd pain, originates just below the sternum and a little to the left, although it appears to spread all thru the abd. The pain  is triggered by cig smoke or alcohol, it starts immidiately after my first drag, makes me feel that smoke is going into my stomach and not my lungs, pain is relieved by buscopan. The other version of the pain has occured twice, both cases was after 3 or í bottles of beer wa7 woken up in the night with severe intense stomach pain, burning in nature, pain is so sudden and severe that i cant get up or get my drugs first time i had it i lost consciousness and pee on myself while trying to get my drugs. Pain is 10 on a scale of 1 to 10 but is instantly relieved by gestid antacid thd prob is that its usually so sudden that i cant get to it in time, my wife helps me. Within a few mins i go back to sleep. I made a complete rec from d first episode but since after d 2nd attack i've been having d mild abd pain whenever i try to smoke/drink
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition