Congestive Heart Failure Expert Forum
Does this mean heart failure

CHF is a condition in which the heart can’t pump enough blood to meet the body’s needs. In some cases, the heart can’t fill with enough blood. In other cases, the heart can’t pump blood to the rest of the body with enough force. Some people have both problems. The term "heart failure" doesn’t mean that your heart has stopped or is about to stop working. Heart failure is a serious condition that requires medical care. This forum is a place to ask questions about CHF. Some examples are: How is CHF diagnosed? What treatment options are available for me?

If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!

Does this mean heart failure

My EKG said I have left axis deviation they are going to do 2 more tesrs stress test and for me to wear a holiter. Is this heart failure? Can I change it by making a big life change in diet and exercise and stop smoking? Thankyou
1 Comment
Hello and welcome to the forum.

The presence of a left axis deviation is pretty common and does NOT by any means suggest the presence of heart failure.  Though patients with left axis deviation can have heart failure, the vast majority with a left axis do not.  Left axis is pretty common in people with high blood pressure, etc.  Lifestyle changes are always very important.

Wishing you the best.

Dr. Rich