Congestive Heart Failure Community
Edema of the hands?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Edema of the hands?

Is there such a thing as edema of the hands?  My hands swell, tingle, have shooting, prickly pain and then start getting numb.  My mother died of Congestive Heart Failure but I could tell most of the time when she was going into heart failure because her feet and ankles would swell and I would push the tissue on the foot and ankle and it would go in and not pop up it would remain indented where I pushed.  I was told by the nurses that that was Edema(Ihope my spelling is correct) and I should rush her to the hospital so they could get the fluid off of her heart.

Could I be going into heart failure or fluid building up around my heart when my hands swell and when I press my thumbs they go flat and not pop back just like my mother's feet and ankles?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
592969_tn?1248329005
Do you hands swell up and then go down?  I also have swelling of the hands, but have noticed that it is when I have worked standing on my legs all day.  The swelling in my hands goes down within a day after working.  I do not believe it is a symptom of heart problems.  Right side heart failure symptoms is swelling in legs and ankles and left side heart failure is swelling in abdomen and fluid in lungs.  
Blank
369861_tn?1306279286
I am being checked for CHF and I am not an expert.

However, I started with the swelling in my legs and ankles.  then the swelling went to my abdominal area.  Now my fingers are so filled with fluids that it hurst when I touch anything.

I went to see the cardiologist on thursday and being sent for a nuclear stress test on wednesday.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
Blank
Rebeccat77 commented on Low potassium and no ...
Dec 16
168348_tn?1379360675
Blank
ChitChatNine made cookies last night! Comment
Dec 01
Blank
kjbascom added the Blood Pressure Tracker
Nov 07
Congestive Heart Failure Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank