Congestive Heart Failure Community
Edema of the hands?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

Edema of the hands?

Is there such a thing as edema of the hands?  My hands swell, tingle, have shooting, prickly pain and then start getting numb.  My mother died of Congestive Heart Failure but I could tell most of the time when she was going into heart failure because her feet and ankles would swell and I would push the tissue on the foot and ankle and it would go in and not pop up it would remain indented where I pushed.  I was told by the nurses that that was Edema(Ihope my spelling is correct) and I should rush her to the hospital so they could get the fluid off of her heart.

Could I be going into heart failure or fluid building up around my heart when my hands swell and when I press my thumbs they go flat and not pop back just like my mother's feet and ankles?
Do you hands swell up and then go down?  I also have swelling of the hands, but have noticed that it is when I have worked standing on my legs all day.  The swelling in my hands goes down within a day after working.  I do not believe it is a symptom of heart problems.  Right side heart failure symptoms is swelling in legs and ankles and left side heart failure is swelling in abdomen and fluid in lungs.  
I am being checked for CHF and I am not an expert.

However, I started with the swelling in my legs and ankles.  then the swelling went to my abdominal area.  Now my fingers are so filled with fluids that it hurst when I touch anything.

I went to see the cardiologist on thursday and being sent for a nuclear stress test on wednesday.
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Cindy, and ChitChatNine commented on Cindy's status
May 20
Cindy sends heartfelt thanks to a... Comment
May 18
Cindy commented on Cindy's status
May 18