Ef of 15
My husband was diagnose with CHF six month ago. He was put on 5 different meds and a second echo was done after the six month and their has been no change in his EF.  What should we expect now.  Should he go for the defribulator or does he keep on waiting to see if his EF goes higher
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Without knowing many details, if your husband has been on a good regimen for 6 months and the EF remains low (not uncommon), in most instances I would recommend that defibrillator (simply as a "life insurance" policy---he may never need it but will be happy that he has it if he does).

Otherwise, continue to get the doses of meds as high as he can tolerated, he should remain active, and then go enjoy life, hopefully without too many symptoms...if down the road things were to get rough, there may be additional treatment options.

Best,

Dr. Rich