Congestive Heart Failure Community
Ever feel normal again?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

Ever feel normal again?

My question is if you have an ejection fraction of 42% with leak of mitral valve and leak of bicuspid valve are you considered to be in chf?  I have been through a virial infection of heart muscles.  Significant amount of PVC(30,000 daily) of which I did have successful ablation. I thought I was healed and went for check up Wednesday found out my BL was 145/115 HR 115. I was put back on Coreg 2x daily, lasix 20 1x daily, potassium 20 1x, Hyzaar 50 12.5 1x daily, I went for echo today and it was 42%.
I have not been the same since the heart virus started.  I can't think clearly,weight gain, shortness of breath, fatigue. Will I ever feel normal again? Any comments or advice will be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
It appears as though the regurgitation (leaking) from mitral (or biscuspid) valves is causing you to be breathless and fatigued. Usually mitral valve regurgitation can be managed by medicines. However if it becomes symptomatic, then you need to go for surgery. In your case the viral infection has probably damaged the valves. If the ejection fraction is 42%, chances of the regurgitation being in its decompensated phase may be there. Especially sine you are symptomatic, you must consult the cardiologist regarding the possibility of surgery helping you. In all probability the doctors are trying to compensate the heart function by medicines and often it is successful. However do discuss this with them.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Cindy, and ChitChatNine commented on Cindy's status
May 20
Cindy sends heartfelt thanks to a... Comment
May 18
Cindy commented on Cindy's status
May 18