Congestive Heart Failure Community
Fat around the heart

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

Fat around the heart

When I had my Bi-V ICD inserted, they had to insert my third lead wire inserted through my chest and attached to the back of my heart, the doctor noted that the fourth(spare) lead could not be inserted due to the amount of fat on my heart. My heart is quite enlarged. Why does the fat accumulate on the heart and is there anything I can do to make the excess fat go away?
Do you weigh enough now to be able to loose some weight?  I believe I hard before that the fat on the heart can be helped by dieting.  Try exercising, make sure that you are eating healthy mostly vegetables and fruit.  Do not add salt or margarine spreads to your food.  Drink water.  Years ago, I thought that I heard (while I was dieting) that the fat on organs is lost before the fat on hips, etc.   However, I did search the internet and haven't found anything on it.
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Cindy Is DISAPPOINTED!! Where a... Comment
Apr 28
Jonreil72 M Comment
Mar 23