Congestive Heart Failure Community
Father's stage 3 to 4 congestive heart failure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

My father has congestive heart failure. He has suffered with this for about 4.5 years. He was diagnosed with this at the age of 79. He has been in and out of hospital over the past years. I read about Co Enzyme Q10 when he was entering what we believed to be stage 4. He was unable to do any physical activity, not even able to shower and dress himself. I spoke to the cardiologist about giving him 200 mg of Q10 per day, because I had read about case studies that were done that actually showed remarkable improvement in patients. We decided to give it a go, and in about a week he was back to normal. He was able to dress himself, go for a walk etc. It was truly amazing. He had a lot of fluid aroung his abdomen and in his lungs. He couldn't even eat, and was losing a lot of weight. After being on Q10 for a periiod of 6 months he says he is feeling great. I just wanted to know if this is just masking the symptons or can this actually reverse the stage of heart failure. If the doctor told me that he was in stage 3 - 4, has this reversed this? How long does he have left? I read that if patients are on statin drugs for high blood pressure etc. this can cause a depletion of the Q10 in our bodies. Patients have decided to put back the Q10 that the statins drugs were robbing. Case studies have shown that patients that have decided to supplement with Q10 have done remarkably well, you still have to take the  medications that your doctor has perscribed in addition to this.
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition