Congestive Heart Failure Expert Forum
HOSPICE drops terminally-ill patient due to "RN's think no wo...

CHF is a condition in which the heart can’t pump enough blood to meet the body’s needs. In some cases, the heart can’t fill with enough blood. In other cases, the heart can’t pump blood to the rest of the body with enough force. Some people have both problems. The term "heart failure" doesn’t mean that your heart has stopped or is about to stop working. Heart failure is a serious condition that requires medical care. This forum is a place to ask questions about CHF. Some examples are: How is CHF diagnosed? What treatment options are available for me?

If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!

HOSPICE drops terminally-ill patient due to "RN's think no worsening!!??

Hello. Can u explain how "Hospice" work's and does it sometimes' work in different ways'  as to the "rules?"

I know a child that has been on Hospice for many years. She was told she was terminal at ate 3 YRS. The doctor's said she had 4-5 yrs.to live. She almost died several times due to this or that...but survived to now the age of 18 YRS. She is in end stages PH.
She was in Hospice since 2006-2008 in one state until she moved, and then in another state while she was there 2008-2010....then moved again for the last time and entered another hospice in2010 and was dismissed a few wks ago with the director stating "she is not deteiorating"...she has and always' has been slowly dying...NOW she is in end stages and this HOSPICE let's her go, just like that...they say the Medicaid won't pay if there is NO decline. Her doctor (cardio) has not replied yet as I know of...But how can they just do this?  She at this point need's it more than ever, she is NOT on huge pain med'.s just for sever HA's...but her lungs are so she could develop any decline at any moment, and the idea for HOSPICE was NO HOSPITAL, so, in your opinion, is this right to do on their behalf?
Should they NOT have called her doctor? She never had ANY doctor examine her before they dismissed her. All they told her mother was that the nurses last few visit's show that she is not any worse off. FYI: all the nurses were different ones...and who can get a good example of a sick lung and heart from "different" people over weeks'?....APlease help me help deliver information that will help us/mom know what to do and how To PROCEED.  thank you grately...
Hello.  I have replied to your previous post(s) and have tried to help you. I am terribly sorry for what you are going through.  However, multipe and repetitive posts are gainst the medhelp rules.

I hope the advise I gave you previously was helpful.

Best,

Dr. Rich
I suppose I must try to do better then. I ask 'MY' questions like everyone else...I posted on a few diferent forums because my  other questions where legitimate & I had no reason to think I could not post the same question in 2 or 3 DIFFERENT forums. If this it true, then I am very sorry and I apologize for this mistake.  I hope someone from the site informs me directly what rules I'm breaking.  
I am trying to find help, answer's... I think YOU don't want to "touch" this question, and that is NOT fair. I asked what YOU know about HOSPICE procedures...what's commonly done in this practice.  I think cowardly of you not even attempting to help me and blowing me off like this...U nor anyone else has AttempteD to give me a "simple" honest REPLY to this serious question...I would hate to have your name associated w/any information that "any" hospice may not like.
FYI: Child has been in HOSPICE in other states for year's... it's touch and go, touch and go....and every doctor she has wanted her in HOSPICE....what is it with you? I really in this world today after thinking about it...don't expect much at all from anyone at this point. saving themselves...if it doesn't happen to you, then no one cares...thank you for NOT CARING at all...if anything, please tell me "who" then has helped me with THIS QUESTION please? I ask very nicely...whom Dr. Rich?
Hi.  It was me that answered your previous question about your daughter in the pulmonary hypertension clinic.  However you used a different username.  And if you re-read my response, I think you will be reminded that I took the time to actually have med help get in touch with you to ensure that you saw my reply.  I also provided you with a recommendation for a doctor to take your daughter to at Duke.  I also offered for her to see us here in Chicago.  I tried to be very compassionate and caring.

I can only imagine the stress and pain that you are going through.  But I have only tried to be as helpful as possible.
Yes, hello.thank you for the answer in the PH clinic. if i used a different name, it's most likely I used a "nickname" that is a option, or I lost my PW and had to yes, gain another name...it happens when people R busy with caring for sick people, that don't get to go home afterwards.
Why would that matter? I have NOT POSTED repetitve questions on the same boards/forums...maybe, yes, on different forums...but NOT the same questions in the same forum. I can't see any good from that.

I NEVER HAD THE CHANCE TO READ YOUR NOTE TO ME ON WHAT YOU SAY ABOVE. I LOST MY PW AND HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO POST UNTIL TONIGHT.  MedMD never got in touch with me ever. So I've just recently seen this.

Also, I know of DUKE. I have spoken w/Dr.Tapson many, many yrs. ago. He is very kind and caring. I may go there, but I don't need help anymore as to where she should go. I asked other question's, like the HOSPICE one...and YOU denied information and even humble advice on that one. U accused me of repeating myself on FORUMS...I never post the same question on the same FORUM...another FORUM yes...so other's can help me...U R wrong...and I don't know why you couldn't say something about the hospice issue....other's have found it to be in bad taste, and so has the regional manager...not all I post is false, in fact nothing I post is false....Yes, sometiems organizations and doctor's can be wrong...alittle too late...