Aa
A
A
Close
Have periods of feeling tired and breathing heavily
Hi.  I've had CHF for 3 years.   From time to time, I have periods - usually about 2 or 3 weeks - when I feel extremely tired and find it harder to breath.   Has anyone else had this problem?   What should I do when it happens?   Did I cause it by overdoing things, exerting myself too much?  
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1701959 tn?1399378594
Are you on any kind of medications for the CHF? Usually a beta blocker / fluid pills. If you are not taking your fluid pills like you should it can cause the tiredness and the shortness of breath.

If you are still having these troubles, I would talk to your doc, they may just want to up your medication.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I have to be extremly careful with weather changes. Both too hot or too cold. have a devastating effect.

Jesus
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thanks so much to both of you - I am on CHF medications.   I also have a biventricular pacemaker (I hope I spelled that correctly).  

As for weather, I am living in Phoenix, and the temperatures were about 113, day after day, when this started.   I had been running errands in the heat, and I wonder if I just exhausted myself.  

I am so relieved to have a chance to talk to someone else about this-

God bless you both, Anne9325
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
What you are saying sounds terribly familiar, as I've been going through the same things, and yes, heat seems to make it worse.

I, also have a CRT device, and take CHF medication, the doctor tells me I'm in GREAT shape, and that the turn around in my health is nothing short of amazing(a year ago I was on death's doorstep), but yet the heat knocks me off my feet.  

This last week I received an Iron infusion, because I'm anemic, and I feel A LOT better.  I would suggest that you talk to your doctor about what you're experiencing, and perhaps ask for a blood check.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
1500525 tn?1458533598
Blank
uush uploaded new photos
Aug 16
566249 tn?1294661218
Blank
GardeniaDreams So very tired. Comment
Jul 24
Blank
5665 commented on Think LYRICA was culp...
Jul 21
Congestive Heart Failure Community Resources