Congestive Heart Failure Community
Have periods of feeling tired and breathing heavily
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Have periods of feeling tired and breathing heavily

Hi.  I've had CHF for 3 years.   From time to time, I have periods - usually about 2 or 3 weeks - when I feel extremely tired and find it harder to breath.   Has anyone else had this problem?   What should I do when it happens?   Did I cause it by overdoing things, exerting myself too much?  
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1701959_tn?1399378594
Are you on any kind of medications for the CHF? Usually a beta blocker / fluid pills. If you are not taking your fluid pills like you should it can cause the tiredness and the shortness of breath.

If you are still having these troubles, I would talk to your doc, they may just want to up your medication.
Blank
I have to be extremly careful with weather changes. Both too hot or too cold. have a devastating effect.

Jesus
Blank
Thanks so much to both of you - I am on CHF medications.   I also have a biventricular pacemaker (I hope I spelled that correctly).  

As for weather, I am living in Phoenix, and the temperatures were about 113, day after day, when this started.   I had been running errands in the heat, and I wonder if I just exhausted myself.  

I am so relieved to have a chance to talk to someone else about this-

God bless you both, Anne9325
Blank
What you are saying sounds terribly familiar, as I've been going through the same things, and yes, heat seems to make it worse.

I, also have a CRT device, and take CHF medication, the doctor tells me I'm in GREAT shape, and that the turn around in my health is nothing short of amazing(a year ago I was on death's doorstep), but yet the heat knocks me off my feet.  

This last week I received an Iron infusion, because I'm anemic, and I feel A LOT better.  I would suggest that you talk to your doctor about what you're experiencing, and perhaps ask for a blood check.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
21064_tn?1309312333
Blank
Momto3 is ...11 years post PVC abl... Comment