Congestive Heart Failure Community
Heart @ 15%
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Heart @ 15%

My baby sister is 33 years old and only 15% of her heart is fuctioning, can she survive with this.
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
What you probably mean is that her ejection fraction is 15%.

Yes, you can live with that number, it all  depends  on what symptoms does she has and what , what is the reason for that and if there is other disease that agravate the condition.

Jesus
Blank
A few years ago I was diagnosed with 15% ejection fraction.  The doctor prescribed Coreg, which I've taken everyday since, and my EF is now 40%.  Of course it has a lot to do with lifestyle changes, such as losing any excess weight, if she smokes, quit, if she drinks alcohol, quit, etc.  Excercise as much as tolerable, which means until she can no longer talk without feeling short of breath, then she needs to quit what she is doing, rest until she feels fully rested, and then try again.

I also had a defibullator/pacemaker installed, which helped a lot.

In any event, I have had such a turnaround in the last few years that my cardiologist has now offered me a new heart.  I plan to stay the way I am, since I'm doing so well, and saving the heart for when I really need it.
Blank
I had 15% of my heart functioning and 11years later I'm texting you. God can and will do what he say's have faith tell her God is who she has to lean on.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
168348_tn?1379360675
Blank
ChitChatNine is happy! Comment
Jul 22
9310208_tn?1403204479
Blank
deannagrimsley is finally 9 weeks :) Comment
Jul 14
Blank
rgbird55 commented on Low potassium and no ...
Jul 10
Congestive Heart Failure Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
3 Reasons Why You are Still Binge E...
Jul 14 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
242532_tn?1269553979