Congestive Heart Failure Expert Forum
Heart Attack?

CHF is a condition in which the heart can’t pump enough blood to meet the body’s needs. In some cases, the heart can’t fill with enough blood. In other cases, the heart can’t pump blood to the rest of the body with enough force. Some people have both problems. The term "heart failure" doesn’t mean that your heart has stopped or is about to stop working. Heart failure is a serious condition that requires medical care. This forum is a place to ask questions about CHF. Some examples are: How is CHF diagnosed? What treatment options are available for me?

If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!

Heart Attack?

I am a 37 year old male with Multiple Sclerosis
I had a Pulmonary Function Test 10 months ago after which I suffered very mild chest discomfort in right side of the chest followed by an episode of violent tachycardia, all while walking to my car.
After that my high blood pressure went away, totally cured along with lack of stress. One month after that I received a 2d echo with color doppler which was unremarkable. After that due to complains of stomach fullness being a physician myself I ordered a BNP which resulted at 36 picograms. In the same week now 2 months after that tachycardia episode A cardiac stress spect was also unremarkable. A follow up BNP revealed levels at 5 picograms. All Ekg tests are unremarmable, but now I feel more bloated and miserable, could I have CHF?
Hello and welcome to the forum:

Based on your post, I could tell you with extremely high (though of course not 100%) confidence that you are highly unlikely to be experiencing heart failure.  In fact, your normal BNP checked around the time of your experiencing symptoms by itself is a highly reliable test to exclude CHF.  This, coupled with your other normal cardiac testing should be reassuring to you.

Having said all of that, if you continue to experience symptoms and it would put your mind at ease, an appointment with a cardiologist who could see and examine you might be helpful.  Otherwise, I might seek more of an internal medicine of GI doctor to evaluate your abdominal symptoms if they persist.

But between you and me, the good news is that it does not sound like you are experiencing heart failure.

Wishing you only the best in health and happiness.

Best,

Dr. Rich
Thanks for your time, professionals like you really are needed in this world, I feel proud of having a colleague like you, my best wishes today and forever for you and your family, God Bless