Congestive Heart Failure Community
How dangerous is this....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

How dangerous is this....

I wondered (and I may be posting under wrong doctors forum) how dangerous it is when all the blood is flowing into the legs and and the heart is evidently not getting enough blood because it is all going into the legs.  I know there are treatments but I wondered how dangerous this is? I hope this makes sense or hope you know what I am trying to say (I may not be saying it right either)
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Are there other symptoms present? If there is no blood to the heart, this is very dangerous indeed because this can damage the heart causing arrhythmias, weakened left ventricular functions, and, in the worst cases, heart failure. It would help if you elaborate on the condition that you are referring to. Wearing fitted elastic stockings up to the waist may help reduce pooling of blood in the leg veins. Take care and hope to hear from you soon.
Hi thank you for replying.  Actually a week ago I went to cardiologist (Cleveland) and I have the king of hearts monitor in which I had to empty to catch some new stuff and by emptying I had to not send over the phone because unfortunately we only have a cell phone so I have to go somewhere else and empty :(  I have been feeling awful and the really awful day (my monitor was filled up and I had no where I could unload) so I couldn't record.  Put it this way - I felt so bad I was afraid to go to sleep in fear I wouldn't wake up.  I felt so bad that I thought I was getting sick - my heart makes me feel this way sometimes.  It was going and going and felt strange - along with pain earlier in the day in my upper left chest and all the way down my arm and shoulder.  It was awful.  See I didn't go to the ER because they here do not help at all - they pass it off as Chest Wall Inflamation (inflammation)...and not so sure they could even get ahold of my Cardiologist at Cleveland.  They do not believe me - put it that way.  The only person who has record of what is wrong with me is the clinic there.  So either way I was scared - scared to go to the ER and scared to go to sleep. :( I finally gave in and went to sleep.  Obviously I am still here.  It was just scary.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you today? I do understand how it is, but I recommend that you try to avoid stress or anxiety also. These can make it a lot worse. If you always feel this way, this can be manged with medications. If you feel that there is something wrong, go and have this checked. If not in the ER, go to your doctor's office or have a referral to a doctor near you. It is better to be proactive about this than not doing anything at all.  Talk to your doctor about this also and discuss the management best for you. Take care and do keep us posted.
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition