Hyperlipidemia
I was told I have high fat in my blood after visiting the emergency room for heat exhaustion.  The ER doctor said I have Hyperlipidemia.  What does this mean and what do I need to do?
Diet changes.  Limit or eliminate red meat from your diet.  Eat mostly fresh fruits and vegetables (organic is best).  
Hyperlipidemia means an increase in the levels of bad fats/bad cholesterol in the blood. This can be harmful in the long run as these fats tend to get deposited in the inner lining of the blood vessels of the vital organs like kidneys, heart, brain etc. Hence, one should attempt to decrease the bad cholesterol by doing certain changes in the diet like reducing the fat intake, taking more fruits, avoiding nuts rich in cholesterol like cashews and one needs to exercise regularly to not only increase the good cholesterol but also to decrease the bad cholesterol. A half an hour of brisk walk is good enough to improve the cholesterol levels. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.