I have just been diagnosed with Mild Heart Failure
I have just be diagnosed with Mild Heart failure and I am concerned as to what the future holds for me. I also have a mild leaky heart valve and an Arythmi. I have been feeling weak tired and breathless for the last four years but until i had an MRI scan the problem wasnt diagnosed. The scan also showed that I have one ventricle that is slightly damaged and bloodpressure was 145/80.
I have been given Ramipril 1.25mg and Carvidilol 3.125mg.
i am 53 years old and working full time as a health and Social Care trainer and assessor and am struggling to get through each day. I have been taking the tablets for 2 weeks and was told by my Consultant that I should start to feel better after taking them for a couple of weeks but I dont! Infact I feel worse!
Can anyone help to put my mind at rest that the tablets will eventually help me?
Hey I'm 21 and I'm experiencing the SAME problem am I'm also on carvidilol...ive had cardiomyopathy since I was 14 and was recently diagnos with moderate CHF...I've seen a lot of stories where people are on the same boat and with proper excercise and medications they do get better. Just give it time.
Thank you for your reply, I have only just seen it on here. I am sorry to hear that you have CHF at your age, you have helped put my mind at rest that there is hope. I still dont feel any better yet although my GP has doubled  the dose of the Ramipril. I have also been called into head office and asked if i should continue working. As I dont have a partner I will struggle finanically without a job.
I hope you keep as well as you can and thank you once again for taking the trouble to reply.
Sandra x
Ive also been told I've got mild heart failure. I had heart attack which left me with severe heart failure had heart scan and now it's mild which is good news but also im still in shock I think with every thing I've been threw. Im 36 year d single mother of three children and very very scared as wot my future holds fir me. Hopefully u will got back to me I could do with positive advice thanks xxx