Congestive Heart Failure Community
I have just been diagnosed with Mild Heart Failure
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I have just been diagnosed with Mild Heart Failure

I have just be diagnosed with Mild Heart failure and I am concerned as to what the future holds for me. I also have a mild leaky heart valve and an Arythmi. I have been feeling weak tired and breathless for the last four years but until i had an MRI scan the problem wasnt diagnosed. The scan also showed that I have one ventricle that is slightly damaged and bloodpressure was 145/80.
I have been given Ramipril 1.25mg and Carvidilol 3.125mg.
i am 53 years old and working full time as a health and Social Care trainer and assessor and am struggling to get through each day. I have been taking the tablets for 2 weeks and was told by my Consultant that I should start to feel better after taking them for a couple of weeks but I dont! Infact I feel worse!
Can anyone help to put my mind at rest that the tablets will eventually help me?
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
3246377_tn?1347523040
Hey I'm 21 and I'm experiencing the SAME problem am I'm also on carvidilol...ive had cardiomyopathy since I was 14 and was recently diagnos with moderate CHF...I've seen a lot of stories where people are on the same boat and with proper excercise and medications they do get better. Just give it time.
Blank
634169_tn?1222630352
Thank you for your reply, I have only just seen it on here. I am sorry to hear that you have CHF at your age, you have helped put my mind at rest that there is hope. I still dont feel any better yet although my GP has doubled  the dose of the Ramipril. I have also been called into head office and asked if i should continue working. As I dont have a partner I will struggle finanically without a job.
I hope you keep as well as you can and thank you once again for taking the trouble to reply.
Sandra x
Blank
Ive also been told I've got mild heart failure. I had heart attack which left me with severe heart failure had heart scan and now it's mild which is good news but also im still in shock I think with every thing I've been threw. Im 36 year d single mother of three children and very very scared as wot my future holds fir me. Hopefully u will got back to me I could do with positive advice thanks xxx
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
Blank
orsi92 emily92 Comment
Aug 02