Congestive Heart Failure Community
Introduction

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

Introduction

I am new to this site and, by way of introduction, one of my parents has CHF. This is an issue we have struggled with for the last couple of years. I do not have a medical background and am constantly on the search for areas or programs that can provide assistance with counseling, monitors, etc. My parent's doctor is okay, but I feel as if I need more. I have heard of disease management programs with larger companies that provide nurse counseling, free monitors, diabetic supplies, etc. This sounds attractive, unfortunately, is not applicable here. Suggestions would be appreciated.
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The trend now is to involve the patient and his family more in treating a medical condition. You can talk to your doctor, he may suggest support groups, where latest trends will be discussed. If it is about medications, pharmaceutical companies will help. As for disease management programs, they are more integrated into EMRs (Electronic Medical Records), to help with the flow. And any specific queries you have we can help.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
GardeniaDreams So very tired. Comment
Jul 24
5665 commented on Think LYRICA was culp...
Jul 21
marilee176 bloating gas and indegestion Comment
Jul 16