Congestive Heart Failure Community
Is it possible to decrease an enlarged heart

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

My wife has an enlarged heart which, according to her cardiologist, can not be cured. Her treatment is done in Mexico, so I have no idea how advanced their technology is or if they may be unaware of new treatment. Do you know of any types of treatment that can stop her heart from enlarging and possibly reverse the process? She has not been given long to live , it has already been affecting her lungs. Any advice would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks you
Avatar dr m tn
There are medications which slow down the progressive enlargement of the heart which occurs in cardiomyopathy or heart failure. However, gradually the heart keeps on enlarging and the real treatment for the same is heart transplantation only. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Cindy Is DISAPPOINTED!! Where a... Comment
Apr 28
Jonreil72 M Comment
Mar 23
Feeling very tired
Feb 01 by diianna