Congestive Heart Failure Community
LEFT VENTRICULAR SYSTOLIC FUNCTION

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

LEFT VENTRICULAR SYSTOLIC FUNCTION

I HAD A ECHO DONE AND IT SHOWS OVERALL LEFT VENTRICULAR SYSTOLIC FUNCTION WAS MODERATELY DECREASED. LEFT VENTRICULAR EJECTION FRACTION WAS ESTIMATED IN THE RANGE OF 35% TO 40 %. THERE WAS MODERATE DIFFUSE LEFT VENTRICULAR HYPOKINESIS. DOPPLER [PARAMETER WERE CONSISTENT WITH ABNORMAL LEFT VENTRICULAR RELAXTION.
THE AORTIC VALVE WAS MILDLY CALCIFIED.  DOPPLER INTERPRETATIONS ESTIMATED PEAK PULMONARY ARTERY SYSTOLIC PRESSURE COULD NOT BE DETERMINED DUE TO INADEQUATE TR JET. WHAT DOES THIS ALL MEAN
Hi grumpy7,

I am not a doctor but have some personal knowledge on this topic.  The echocardiogram shows that your left ventricle is not functioning in an optimal fashion.  A normal ejection fraction (the percent of blood pumped with each contraction) is said to be 55-70%.  Your EF is considerately moderately decreased and will probably warrant further testing, followup, and medication.  The good news is that many times the EF will improve with treatment.

There is some calcification (mild) on your aortic valve and may not require further investigation.

TR refers to the tricuspid valve and sometimes the echocardiographer is not able to capture the exact picture quality, etc. to give an adequate estimate on pulmonary pressure.

What has your doctor recommended?
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Cindy Is DISAPPOINTED!! Where a... Comment
Apr 28
Jonreil72 M Comment
Mar 23