Congestive Heart Failure Community
Last stage of congestive heart failure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

Last stage of congestive heart failure

I have a 89 yr old father who has complications from diabetes and has had numerous strokes.  Now he is entering  the last stage of having congestive heart failure and we decided with the assistance of the doctors to not have any more fluid pulled from his lungs since it has been done over 10 times in the last 4 months.  We were wondering now that we're granting him his last wish; which is to pass at home how long will it be before that occurs when both lungs are already filled with fluid?  Any assistance would be helpful.  

Thank you,
I know I'm not answering your question but may God bless you.  I will be walking in your shoes very shortly.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.
There is no one on Earth who can give you that answer, but it shouldn't be long.

I've been to 100% whiteout, and if I hadn't been rushed to the ER, I wouldn't be here writing this post.  As human nature goes, he will fight to take a breath with everything he has, and it will be a dramatic exit.  I hope you are ready to deal with it.

The Best to your father and you......
     It is difficult to estimate the time when pulmonary edema can happen in your father as it depends upon the amount of fluid taken, the functioning of heart, presence or absence of right heart failure, preexisting lung pathology etc. If he is not on any medication and fluid restriction fluid build up in lungs can be very fast with in days. Hope this helps. Take care.

BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Feeling very tired
Feb 01 by diianna
diianna commented on rumpled's status
Feb 01
012516
Jan 26 by crb1487