Congestive Heart Failure Community
Left foot & ankle swollen, hot, and reddish color
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Left foot & ankle swollen, hot, and reddish color

I am a 43 year old female. My left foot & ankle have been swollen, hot, and reddish color for about 3 weeks. They are getting worse. Today my right foot & ankle is beginning to look the same. I have been waking up at night with leg cramps from legs to my feet. I get so hot and short of breath. my hair & night gown are soak & wet from sweat. I went to my doctor last week who recommended I get to the hospital right away because it could be life threatening. I went to the ER. I advised them of all my diagnoses. High blood pressure, fibromyalgia, herniated discs, spinal stenosis, arthritis, asthma, diabetic, lupus, enlarged heart, enlarged thymes gland and DVT. They ran test, blood work, X-rays, cat scan with dye injected, and Doppler test. They gave me blood thinner, thinking it could possibly be a blood clot. I've had them in the last. They have me magnesium, potassium, & checked my blood every four hours through out the night. In the morning the doctor came in to tell me I could go home. But she recommended I see a oncologist. Please tell me if anyone has gone through this issue and what could be happening? Thank you
Tags: Heart
159619_tn?1318997813
That's a lot going on. The enlarged heart could be the cause but if he asked you to see an oncologist he must have had a reason. Did he say why?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
168348_tn?1379360675
Blank
ChitChatNine commented on ChitChatNine's status