Congestive Heart Failure Expert Forum
Low blood pressure while treadmilling

CHF is a condition in which the heart can’t pump enough blood to meet the body’s needs. In some cases, the heart can’t fill with enough blood. In other cases, the heart can’t pump blood to the rest of the body with enough force. Some people have both problems. The term "heart failure" doesn’t mean that your heart has stopped or is about to stop working. Heart failure is a serious condition that requires medical care. This forum is a place to ask questions about CHF. Some examples are: How is CHF diagnosed? What treatment options are available for me?

If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!

Low blood pressure while treadmilling

I;m 77..with CHF...heart attack 5 yrs ago....am taking 50mg cozaar..25mg aldactone...25mg Toprol XL..lasix if needed...EF is about 30%.   Have been treadmilling since about January with my BP normally going up about 20mg while actually walking on treadmill and then dropping back down to normal little bit afterward.  But for about a week now I've checked BP while walking because I feel extra tired and am noticing my BP is dropping during the treadmilling instead of going up.......should I be concerned about this?   First time I've had this happen and not sure If should keep treadmilling or need to call my doctor.  My bp in morning is about 135/80.....take my meds and it will drop to about 115/70.........but when treadmilling it is now dropping to 105/58 or little lower..........about 30-40 minutes later it has returned to my normal reading.......perhaps I just read too much but everything I read says the normal reaction to treadmilling would be for the BP to rise some therefore my concern.
Thanks for this great website....have been a fan of Cleveland Clinic for many years..........