MVP, LBBB, angina, enlarged left ventricle, enlarged right atrium
Dear Doctor,
thanks very much for your help!  my ekgs over the last year have shown enlarged left ventricle, right bundle blockage, and enlarged right atrium and I had some MVP on an echocardiogram.  I have angina pain and tightness on my left side of the heart from stress and anxiety.  I have low oxygen from sleep apnea and am on oxygen and asv for that.  I'm really suffering and am exhausted and can't walk a block without getting tired and having my lungs burn.  Aren't there ACE or beta blockers or metformin that can help me?  Should I try some alcohol to relax?
thanks so much!
Hello and welcome to the forum.

ACE inhibitors and/or beta blockers are often, indeed, indicated for patients with left ventricular enlargement, particularly when accompanied by left ventricular dysfunction.  These medications tend to have long term benefits but do not neccessarily alleviate symptoms in the short term and do not improve stress.  I would discuss these meds with your doctor.

I would certainly NOT advise using alcohol to relax. While a glass of red wine with dinner would be reasonable in most instances, other approaches to stress management are ultimately much more effective (ie therapy, certain medications, etc).

Wishing you the best.

Dr. Rich
Dear Dr. Rich, thanks so much for your help!  I am so exhausted I can't work or exercise or study mathematics.  
Even the asv ventilator and oxygen hasn't stopped the ekg right atrial enlargement and bundle blockage it seems but on chest x ray last year my heart was normal
I thought the AMA advises one drink a day?  I keep feeling this pointy pain in my left chest that comes and goes sometimes I get strangulation/angina feeling.  the cardiologist was going to put me on meds but didn't because of asthma

anyway I think you can really be damaged by the stress from sleep apnea, low O2 levels