Congestive Heart Failure Expert Forum
Mother 67 CHF

CHF is a condition in which the heart can’t pump enough blood to meet the body’s needs. In some cases, the heart can’t fill with enough blood. In other cases, the heart can’t pump blood to the rest of the body with enough force. Some people have both problems. The term "heart failure" doesn’t mean that your heart has stopped or is about to stop working. Heart failure is a serious condition that requires medical care. This forum is a place to ask questions about CHF. Some examples are: How is CHF diagnosed? What treatment options are available for me?

If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!

Mother 67 CHF

My Mother is 67 and a long history of illness, first major stroke at 36, her heart valves where damaged due to rheumatic fever as a child, aortic and mitral replaced in 1983. She has had multiple cva's, left side of brain completely damaged from strokes and two brain surgeries. She is always in atrial fibrillation, has CHF, pulmonary hypertension, she is on all the medicine that is suppose to help. Also thyroid trouble and anemic. And level 3 dysphasia has recently aspirated. Now she has a cough and has had it now for two months, has been treated for aspiration pneumonia still coughing more at night, always has a gurgling sound in her throat, low blood pressure, very low dystolic pressure. I can hear congestion in her right bottom lobe, last X-ray shows nothing but she can not take a deep breath and hold it so would the X-ray pick up the congestion. She is not swelling in the extremities she never has.. She gets tired easy, short of breath walking and eating, urinating more at night, I just don't know what is going on doctors are not much help. Anyone tell me what to do...
Tags: chf