Not sure what to do for fast HR when exerting?
Recently I have been having a very fast heart rate with any amount of exericise.I am 36yrs old,female,5ft5 and weigh about 131lbs.
I also have episodes of dizzyness,fast hr when I stand up.I had a tilt table test and failed it.Now the cardiologist think it might be a neuro issue with possible vertigo. He is also wanting to put me on beta blockers. I had an echo done too and the only things that were found was a trivial MV leak and a mild TV leak.
Today I ate breakfast  and then went to put laundry in the washer.While I was loading the washer my hr went so fast I was feeling out of breathe.My head also started pounding cause my heart was going so fast.
I called the cardiologist and he said togo to the ER well I just did that 2 weeks ago and it cost $4000.00 and all they did was have me wear a holter and make an appointment with cardiologist for me.
He said well when I see you next week I will give you the RX for the beta blockers. I want to know if that is all that can be done.I have 2 children.1 has special needs and I cannot afford to be having these episodes of fast HR all the time.I also need to exrcise as I have Fibromyalgia and I need to keep myslef healthy.
After the holter I was told that I had I has sinus rates ranging from 49-150 bpm. I was tachy 13% of the 24hours and brady 2% of the 24hours.
PLease advise me as to what to do.Thanks.
A beta blocker may be all you need. It should slow and regulate your heart rate.
Thank you I have started taking it and find it a great help.I am also incresing the salt in my diet as it is lowering my blood pressure.