Odd Issues at 34
I am just looking for a bit of information on a few concerns I am having.  I am 34 year old male.  6'3 and approx 220 pounds.  I smoked for about 15 years, maybe a pack a week at the most.  I have not smoked in over a year.  I have a pretty stressful job as a 911 supervisor in which I end up sitting 12 hours a night.  Hypertension as well as MI run in my family, my father has two renal stents.  Problems I seem to be having are as follow.  Resting heart rate is 100+, at times it reaches 120-130.  My blood pressure is out the roof as far as the bottom number goes.  This morning coming home from work, I had my pressure taken (non-electronically) and it was 116/100.  I slept for 8 hours and woke up to take it again and it was 128/116.  I did have some chest discomfort last night.  Tightness mainly.  It wasn't terrible, just enough to notice something wasn't right.  At times (more often when laying down) I feel heavy thumps in my chest as if my heart does a double beat and it takes my breath away.  Planning on calling the doc in the morning and req a workup with the cardiologist.  Any ideas off the top of your head?  Thanks!
I believe having a complete physical is a good place to start.  Then go from there.

There are medications to address the higher bottom BP number, along with diet and excercise, and the outcome should be better than many people who are suffering from heart failure.

Sitting for 12 hours on a job, then going to bed for 8, still leaves 4 hours for getting on the move, and once your doctor has cleared you, that is what you should be doing.....using the 4 hours for moving your body.

Diet, in your case, should be of high priority, also.  LOW sodium, high in lean meats, green leafy vegetables, fruits, and complex carbs.  I don't believe you need to lose weight, but just eat healthy.  No alcohol, and stay away from smokers at all costs, as second hand is harder on you than smoking yourself.

I hope this is what you were looking for, and the best to you.
Thank you very much for your reply.  You were very informative and this was pretty much what I was looking for.  I have a complete physical scheduled for tomorrow morning.  Ready to get this under control, before it gets out of control.  Thanks again and the best to you as well!