Pacemaker Defibrillator and CHF
I have congestive heart failure and had an infarction rate of 24.  Have a valve that leaks.  I have a pacemaker/defib mechanism (2nd one) and I think I do great.  I am still working (sedentary job), am an active grandmother, lovely life.  I am getting tired again... feel like I have to stop and catch my breath (NOT during exercise)... dizzy.  After the device, cardiologist says I just need to come in once a year... I should be fine.  I am going to another doctor.. Am I wrong to want to know what my rate is now, and if the valve is ok?  I am just "feeling not right".  
No, you are not wrong, but be  aware that thre are cases where the EF  it is not necessarely related to how do you feel.

Jesus
Anytime you feel different/bad, it is never wrong to go to the doctor in between your required every year visit. My dad has the same pacemake/defib and CHF and he's 80. Last year he was passing out from undiagnosed AFib (how that went undiagnosed is beyond me). Got his pacemaker/defib and was feeling better but he still has on and off edema issues, is on warfarin, and now that my mom has passed, the depression has affected his heart. Doc says he's fine but that's after I told him don't wait until 6 months to see a doc.

I wish you luck.