Congestive Heart Failure Expert Forum
Pain in the left foot

CHF is a condition in which the heart can’t pump enough blood to meet the body’s needs. In some cases, the heart can’t fill with enough blood. In other cases, the heart can’t pump blood to the rest of the body with enough force. Some people have both problems. The term "heart failure" doesn’t mean that your heart has stopped or is about to stop working. Heart failure is a serious condition that requires medical care. This forum is a place to ask questions about CHF. Some examples are: How is CHF diagnosed? What treatment options are available for me?

If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!

Pain in the left foot

I have a child that's 3yrs of age. He had a fontan operation a week ago n he's experiencing a pain in his leg, where he's hopping one leg, even wen stretching it out it fussing. Can that be other problem apart from his surgery?
Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear that your child is having some discomfort in his leg.  As an adult cardiologist, however, I do not think I am in the ideal position to be providing you with medical opinions as it relates to your 3 year old child.

I would suggest you either post your question in a pediatric cardiology forum or, better yet, given that your child's operation was only one week ago, call the doctors/nurses involved in his care to discuss this.

Thanks.

Dr. Rich
Ok, thanks.