Congestive Heart Failure Expert Forum
Pericardial Cyst

CHF is a condition in which the heart can’t pump enough blood to meet the body’s needs. In some cases, the heart can’t fill with enough blood. In other cases, the heart can’t pump blood to the rest of the body with enough force. Some people have both problems. The term "heart failure" doesn’t mean that your heart has stopped or is about to stop working. Heart failure is a serious condition that requires medical care. This forum is a place to ask questions about CHF. Some examples are: How is CHF diagnosed? What treatment options are available for me?

If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!

Pericardial Cyst

A chest X-Ray detected a pericardial cyst, incidentally.  How can I get a thoracic surgeon or cardiologist to pay attention to me about getting it removed?  One doctor wanted to see an MRI first, but the procedure was denied by my health insurance.  I saw a cardiologist,, took a stress test, had a CT Scan with contrast, and have talked to my primary care doctor more than several times to get it removed, but nobody's is serious about it like I am.....What can you suggest I do at this point?  The size is 2.3 cm and 3.2 cm.  Is it something I should be concerned about?  Is there a possibility of a tamponade event as I age into my mid-sixties?