Possible heart attack 41-yo female
Six months ago I experienced heart attack which sent me to the ER fearing the worst. After a normal EKG, I was discharged with a possible gallbladder attack. I then had a multitude of expensive tests performed only to prove there was nothing wrong with my gallbladder. Three days ago, while at work, I noticed a sudden drastic increase in my heart rate. I was not experiencing any stress at the time and I had not gotten up from my desk for at least 2 hours. I decided to go home in order to take my BP, which turned out to be 145/98 with my pulse at 160. After about 1 hour, I started to have lower jaw pain - it lasted less than a minute, but I was definitely aware of it. Today I had another EKG as well as an ECHO. MY EKG showed minor changes,my ECHO was normal and I am scheduled for a PET scan for a Myocardial Profusion in two weeks. My family history: my father was diagnosed with artery disease in his mid forties, he received a by-pass in his leg by age 50 and died of a massive heart attack at she 54. He was in poor health, smoker and a heavy drinker. I smoke as well, (1 -2 packs a week), drink on occasion and regularly exercise. Here is my question, could I have had a mild heart attack 6 months ago even after I had a normal EKG performed in the ER?
Sorry, I experienced heart attack symptoms 6 months ago. I was not diagnosed as having an actual heart attack.
Not very likely. The EKG during and for several days afterward show definate changes in the complex. They would have known immediately if you were having a heart attack. Also you cardiac enzymes would have been elevated at the time. When muscle cells are being damaged, there is an elevation in those enzymes, which would hAVE TAKEN PLACE IF YOU WERE ACTUALLY HAVING A HEART ATTACK.

i HATE IT WHEN i HIT THAT "caps" BUTTON!!