Post CABG Myocardial Perfusion Scan
Hi.

Not sure what the protocol here is, but I was wondering if you can tell me in layman's terms if these results are good, bad, or ugly? I put a number beside what I see as separate questions.

53 yr. old  Former smoker who quit 7 years ago.
Severe sleep apnea for over 20 years.

I did not have a heart attack. I have type 2 diabetes, well controlled by diet and medicine. Weight has dropped from 267 lbs to 230 in the last 6 months through diet and exercise.  I walk 10-15 lkms per day. Awaiting Cardiac Rehab.

I had a triple bypass and an additional artery reconstructed in early Jan. 2013. I feel fine following a rather quick recovery to date.

Myocardial Perfusion Test Results

10 min/11 seconds, 87% of target hr and 12.0 METS (1?)

During exercise, and at peak exercise, there was non-diagnostic ST segment change.
Stress ECG is non-diagnostic for ischemia.(2?)

Imaging:
1) Moderate sized, low intensity reversible inferior wall defect  (3?)
2) Post operative septal wall motion abnormality noted.(4?) Mild inferior hypokenisis post stress and post rest. (5?)

Rest/Post Stress
LV EF%     56 / 58
ESV (ml)    62 / 51                                                (6? All of it?)
EDV (ml)   137 / 123                                      

Impression:  Non-Diagnostic Stress Test. Mild inferior ischemia, and possibly a small inferior infarction noted.(7?)

That's about all he wrote. I have a follow-up appt with this cardiologist, and the week after, an appointment with the gentleman who did my surgery.

Thanks for your help.

Steven
My apologies for the sig delay in responding to your post.  I did not see it for some reason.  To be brief

1. This is a relatively low risk scan.  Most docs would treat medically
2. There may be some coronary disease in the vessel the supplies the bottom part of the heart but its unlikely to be of great significance.
3. Having said 1+2, depending on his symptoms and other features (exam, heart function, etc), the cardiologist might opt to approach things differently.

Good luck.

Dr. Rich