Congestive Heart Failure Community
Pregnancy Induced Congestive Heart Failure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

Six years ago after I had my son I was diagnosed with Pregnancy Induced Congestive Heart Failure.  I was on a lot of meds for a few months then had an echo and was told my heart was back to normal.  I stopped all the meds.  I haven't taken any heart meds or had any problems for 6 years.  Now all of the sudden I am short of breath when I do almost anything.  The only time I'm not short of breath is when I'm sitting down doing nothing.  I haven't told anyone or been to the doctor because I'm terrified that the heart failure is back.  I have a little swelling in my ankles, but not a lot.  Though when I had the PICHF I didn't have a lot of swelling in my legs either.  I do have swelling in my abdomen, but I've also been having problems with abdominal pain for months now.  I know I need to go to the doctor, but I'm leary.  They can't figure out what's going on with my abdomen and they look at my like I'm crazy when I go to them and tell them I'm in pain.  I don't want them to look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them I feel like I can't breath 95% of the time.  I know I'm being silly, and I should just go.  But most of me thinks if I just wait it out a few more days this will go away.  I guess I just don't have a real question.  I'm just here venting because I really don't have anyone to talk to about this.
You were told that your heart was in normal size, but were you order to stop all your medicaments? And do not return for periodical checkups??

This really surprise me.

I have to tell you what you already know and do not want to accept, chances are that your heart has problems again. What sort of doctor does not know what happen with your abdomen?

CHF can produce ascitis (accumulation of fluid in the abdomen) that can be easily diagnosed with an abdominal echo. Have you been tested for that??

So, I am sorry, I only can advise you to you back to your cardiologist,

Good luck.

Jesus
Not being able to breathe is a sign of uncontrolled CHF, and if you sit around and wait for it to "just go away", your little son could be left without a mother.

I know this sounds harsh, but you need to take action and not wait around to see if the swelling will go away on it's own.

I hope the best for you.
They're right. I know that you posted this almost a year ago, but I was just diagnosed with pichf  a few months ago and trust me when I tell you if you think something is wrong then it probably is. I just saw my cardiologist two days ago. My son just turned one and even though I know better, I'm starting to get baby fever. I expressed this to him and he literally told me that having another baby was a life or death decision, with the latter of the two being my choice. He also said that even after my heart heals, that he would keep me on my meds for at least two to three years. Just wanted to share that with you.  I really hope that everything turned out okay for your love,

Btroken Hear
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition