Questions about my heart.
My doctor said that my "ecg has always had some changes that could be seen in a thick heart." But I had an ECHO that didn't show a thick heart.

Why would my ECG show similar results to those who have a thick heart?

He has also found NSVT on an event monitor while I was asleep.

I had a cardiac CT scan done and they weren't able to see everything clearly. This was 2 years ago. Most of it came back normal, but under the diastolic function section, it showed that my E/A wave ratio was 1.6 and that DT was 122 ms. i read that a DT time of <150 ms indicated diastolic dysfunction.

a few months ago I had a CPET [Cadiopolmunary exercise test] done, and my results were not good. Here they are:

Peak VO2 (ml/kg/min) was measured at 26.6
METs at peak was measured at 7.6
Peak O2-Pulse (ml/beat) measured at 9
AT (ml/kg/min) measured at 14.1

It indicated that I had significant diastolic dysfunction

I'm 20 years old, 135 pounds and don't smoke.

Is something wrong with my heart, in your opinion? I'm extremely worried that I may have heart failure at such a young age... or something else wrong.

Thanks.
Hello and welcome to the forum:

First, why are you undergoing such an extensive cardiac evaluation in the first place?  You describe no specific symptoms in your post so this is not clear to me.  What is your doctor's explanation for all these tests?

Second, I am not sure if you are an athlete but "athlete's hearts" can often show changes on the ECG and/or echo to suggest a thicker/bigger heart but there is not necessarily anything wrong.

Your peak VO2 is actually quite good (though possibly a little low for somebody your age).  You did not tell me what your "RER" was (also known as respiratory exchange ratio) so difficult for me to comment about that.

Again, I would be curious to know what your symptoms are.  "Diastolic dysfunction" is not synonymous with heart failure by any means and can be quite non specific so dont beat yourself up over this.

If you are indeed having significant symptoms, however, the one test that you did not describe but that could potentially be helpful is a cardiac MRI with gadolinium.  However, before subjecting yourself to yet another test, I would make sure that you are actually having symptoms and that you are being cared for by a doctor who you trust.

Best,

Dr. Rich
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Cardiologists in your area?