RCA 95% blocked
Dear All,

My mother aged 65, underwent a CABG. she had around 6 blockages in total on heart. Her RCA was 95% blocked and plv was 80 % bcloked on the same artery. Cardiologist had not marked RCA to be bypassed on his recomendations to the surgeon.

Could this be of any particular reason which is common, do we gain any benifit not bypassing the 95% blocked artery.?

They had done bypass the other LAD, PDA, and OM(Obtuse Marginal) only now she had suffered 3 major heart attacks after the bypass sugery little over a 8 months.

Wonder why did they just do 3 valves not quadraple or quintaple?

Thank You,
Cliford.
Every case is different, but I also have my RCA 100% blocked and the dr. did not placed any stent on it. In my case was because along the same artery was many other problems and, in the other hand, they should have happen so long ago that, the end of the RCA was receiving blood from "new" vessels from the Distal part of the Circumflex artery.