Congestive Heart Failure Expert Forum
SOB

CHF is a condition in which the heart can’t pump enough blood to meet the body’s needs. In some cases, the heart can’t fill with enough blood. In other cases, the heart can’t pump blood to the rest of the body with enough force. Some people have both problems. The term "heart failure" doesn’t mean that your heart has stopped or is about to stop working. Heart failure is a serious condition that requires medical care. This forum is a place to ask questions about CHF. Some examples are: How is CHF diagnosed? What treatment options are available for me?

If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!

SOB

If a patient has pleural effusion in their lungs ..what's d next step the doctor should take?
Hello and welcome to the forum.

If it is a new pleural effusion, it is critical that the doctor determine its cause.  Many effusions are relatively benign but others can signify a serious problem.

Unless the cause is relatively obvious, a new pleural effusion, particularly if it is only on one side, should be drained/sampled and sent to the lab for analysis.  This would either determine its cause or provide important information to order the next test(s) to figure out what is going on.

Hope that helps.

All the best,

Dr. Rich
Glad to be apart of the community ..and yes you were helpful ..that's exactly what I thought should be done ..also my TSH is 1.15..my other numbers were normal ..I do have a goiter but still everything is fine in their eyes but I'm not fine..I'm constantly in pain..now I have sob and pressure in chest area ..I'm now concerned about CHF..pulse rate be high ..diastolic is always elevated ..oxygen level was a 95 one time..so stressed about all of this ...
I would love to get ur input on my previous comment..thanks
Hello.  I do not have a lot more to add.  Your symptoms are common to many conditions (both serious and not serious).  Please see a competent cardiologist (and internist).  They should be able to get to the bottom of things.  Happy to see you myself if you happen to be in the chicagoland area.
Hope you begin to feel better soon.

Best,

Dr. Rich