Congestive Heart Failure Community
Smoking, Diet Pills and Birth Control

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

Smoking, Diet Pills and Birth Control

I am 25 years old. I have been taking diet Pills on and off since I was 17 years old And have been smoking since I was 13.  Recently, I went to a weight management clinic and was given, prescription weight loss pills.  I am also on birth control loestrin, I was taking Yazmin for about a year.  Plus, I smoke. Also, I had been abusing prescription pain medicine until recently. Last night A loud noise awoke me and then I started to have Very Uncomfortable Chest Pains from the middle of my rib cage to the left side.... I took Tums and asprin so I don't know which one worked but after about 20 minutes I started to feel better. Should I be concerned and see a doctor, or just cut out the diet pills?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
I don’t think you should ignore these symptoms and should actually consult a physician and get your ECG, Stress ECG, echo done as you are a chronic smoker and also have been taking contraceptive pills and thus prone to the risk of coronary artery disease. The pain may be of muscular in origin but still you shouldn’t take chances. Instead of the diet pills, the first thing which you need to give up is smoking. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition