Congestive Heart Failure Community
Stress Tests for Heart

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

Stress Tests for Heart

I had the chemical stress test.  It was HORRIBLE.  My left leg felt huge and intensely terrible, my stomach had heavy feeling (painful) , I was nauseus, and felt like I was dying just like I did when I went to the ER .  But, they said nothing was wrong with my heart and that was normal.  I don't think so.  They said that is how a runner feels.  No, I don't think so they would stop -- fast and run to the dr.  My friend said it was not terrible for her she went heat in her    chest.  I felt that too, but that was nothing compared to what I  did feel elsewhere.  Can anyone tell me if the above sounds normal?
I dont think its normal to feel heavy legs either. I had similar results 3 yrs ago except I also experienced severe laft arm pain and chest pain, so excrusiating I thought I was checking out! They said it was  reaction to the adesonine they used, but when I got copies of my records it said "Inconclusive" test. Sometime I dont think they want us to know if something is wrong!
I've both the exercise and nuclear stress tests, and certainly there is always some discomfort with either procedure, but the proof is in the pudding, if they found no problem with your heart during the test, congratulations!  Believe me, the nurses/doctors have absolutely no reason to keep any problems from you, they have everything to gain if a problem is discovered.  Also, you have no idea what an unpleasant adventure is ahead if problems are discovered.
Medical procedures are invasive and sometimes uncomfortable, but better than finding problems.  
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
GardeniaDreams So very tired. Comment
5665 commented on Think LYRICA was culp...
Jul 21
marilee176 bloating gas and indegestion Comment
Jul 16