Tired of being Tired!
I am 42 and had a heart attack and five stents placed this past march. would someone please tell me what all this means?
Im on 5 different meds they keep uping the lisinopril and lasix. I feel like crap! just to do normal everyday things is exhausting I have shortness of breath, heart palpitations or they call it angina, dizzy spells weakness in my legs and arms and being in the heat makes everthing worse. will it get better?

M Mode Diastole  Systole   LVID  5.55 cm (4.0 - 5.8 cm) 3.88 cm (2.5 - 4.0 cm)    IVS  1.35 cm (0.6 - 1.2 cm) 2.03 cm (< 1.2 cm)  LVPW  1.35 cm (0.6 - 1.2 cm) 1.95 cm (< 1.2 cm)  LV EF 56.7 % (55 - 75%)  AO  3.07 cm (2.2 - 3.8cm)  LA 3.90 cm (< 4.0 cm)

Normal Ascending Aortic Root. Aortic leaflets were thin and open normally. MItral valve leaflets appeared thin and openned normally. Moderate Mitral valve regurgitation. Normal left ventricular diastolic volume. Mild concentric left ventricular hypertrophy. Mildly reduced left ventricular systolic function with severe hypokinesis of the infero-basilar LV wall region. Left Atrium normal. Right Atrium normal. Normal Right Ventricle systolic function and volume. Tricuspid valve leaflets appeared thin and openned normally. Normal pericardium.
IVS is the interventricular septum and that is the wall that separates right and left ventricles and slightly enlarged. LVPW is the left ventricle posterior wall and that is slightly enlarged.
The significance if and when the dimensions of the left ventricle and septum becomes too thick there is a problem with the chamber relaxing sufficiently to fill with blood. Available  Space is reduced as well.  That will cause reduced cardiac output with each heartbeat.

QUOTE: "Mildly reduced left ventricular systolic function with severe hypokinesis of the infero-basilar LV wall region"

>>>>>Reduced LV systolic function relates to the 56.7% EF, and that is the percent the heart's contractility, and there is an impairment noted with hypokinesis comment. Hypokinesis is the medical term for heart wall movement, and hypokinesis will effect the heart wall contractility (severe hypokinesis with low normal EF is not a very consistant comment).

Mitral valve is the valve that separates the upper and lower chambers on the left side.  regurgitation indicates there is a failure of the ventricle to completely close, and there is some back flow of blood from the lower chamber back into the upper chamber rather pumped into circulation.  Requires watching  for any increase.  

Thank you for your reply. The quote  "Mildly reduced left ventricular systolic function with severe hypokinesis of the infero-basilar LV wall region" was what my doctor e mailed me. she also said the my EF went from 24 to 56.7.you say that it is not a consistant comment. could you explain please?
I ask all the questions and my doctor seems to go around the question. I just want straight talk I want to know what to expect the good the bad etc.

"Severe" hypokinesis means the left ventricle heart wall does not contract very well, and mildly reduced left ventricle systole (pumping phase) is more likely due to mild hypokinesis because a slightly impaired heart wall would/could still be strong enough to pump adequately.

With statement 24 to 56.7 EF is possible if the blood flow to the impaired heart wall cells are revitalized after having gone into just a stunned condition (low EF) that sometimes occurs when good blood flow revasculation.  To have this happen the hypokinesis should not be a medical issue any longer...the heart wall has recovered to adequately pump enough blood into the system.

About 6 years ago I had a silent heart attack and went to ER for shortness of breath.  Tests showed I had an EF below 29% and occluded coronary vessels causing hypokinesis.  A stent and medication to dilate the vessels revitalized the heart cells and after several years my heart is pumping normally at 56% EF.

Hope this helps, but an error cannot be ruled out.