VO2 Max - What does the score mean?
My husband had a VO2 Max test done this morning and his "score" was 28.5.  The technician seemed very impressed with this, as he was in the hospital with an EF of 10% 4 weeks ago.  But as he is looking up charts on VO2 Max results online he is finding that this score is actually in the poor range (he is a 37 year old)...so can someone provide some insight on what this really means?  We are very confused...
Go to Ask.com and type in VO2 Max test, it brings up many pages of information.  I understand it is his ability to use/circulate oxygen during excercise.  

Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
A score of 28.5 is poor for his age of 37 years. However the VO2Max test is a measure of aerobic fitness. If a person is not accustomed to exercising, then this test will give poor result. Whereas the test will give good results in a person who is fit aerobically.
Hope this helps. Take care!